While trying to find some articles, graphs and other nice things that could backup my theory on eBay’s falling number of sales/sellers I came across a number of articles, some a few years old some written this month which show that eBay has had falling visitors (buyers & sellers?), lower online traffic, sales slowing down and a lack of confidence in general of eBay. The fact some of these articles date back to 2008/9 to today (found some that were even this week) shows this problem is not new and only getting worse.
- June eCommerce Retail Numbers Are In…eBay We Have a Problem…
- Brainstorming for eBay’s Declined Sales
- eBay Investigates Seller Reports of Declining Sales?
- Remember EBay? Traffic at Auction Site Keeps Falling
- Anyone Notice Slower Sales at Ebay?
- Ebay auctions falling to fixed price listings – People want to Buy It Now
- EBay falls on earnings outlook
- EBay Falls After Sales Growth Slump in February
- Falling sales dent eBay profits
This one was particular interesting :
It covers the eBay algorithm, search, visibility being messed about with and “best match”