Stumbled across this and had to post it because I cannot believe there is actually a help book on the subject of how to deal with bad buyers. Has the problem really got that bad? has it really come to this? I think eBay need to listen and listen hard as it has got this bad. I’m sure the book is fine and all (the reviews are all good 4/5 out of 5), I’m just blown away that we actually need it! I bet if you look hard enough you can find this fine piece of work on a CD as a PDF possible even with digital delivery on your favorite auction site.. then you can dispute it and get it for free all for 99p!
Info from Amazon page :
Your eBay Survival Manual
Learn to avoid buyer scams and bad buyer behavior, handle “Item Not Received” and “Not as Described” cases, survive negative feedback, and more…
eBay’s trading universe is filled with good people. As a seller, the vast majority of buyers you’ll encounter aren’t out to steal from you or cause your problems.
Like the offline world, though, online retail has its fair share of bad buyers wrecking havoc on good eBay sellers, virtual shoplifters and nasty customers who scam their way to free merchandise and undeserved refunds, while damaging your feedback score, threatening your account status and jeopardizing your bottom line.
From “Item Not Received” cheats to “Significantly Not as Described” rip-offs, returns scams feedback extortion, and other bad behaviors, buyers have a multitude of tricks to use when going on the attack. Not to be overlooked are identity thieves and professional criminals who target eBay sellers with spoof emails, overpayment schemes and other cons.
Safeguarding yourself on eBay is similar to protecting your home from break-ins. While no security system is foolproof, the object is to make your home a less appealing target. So, too, with selling online.
Protect Your eBay Business. This Book Includes:
- The most popular scams bad buyers use, with multiple variations
- How to steer clear of Internet scams run by professional criminals, such as phishing attempts, fake payment emails, and phony drop shippers
- How to be your best eBay seller, and the role that plays in discouraging dishonest customers
- How to use the tools eBay gives you to screen out bad buyers
- Helpful deterrents against scammers when listing, collecting payment and shipping your merchandise
- How to save your Detailed Seller Rating stars from losing their luster
- What steps to take when a bad or dishonest buyer strikes
- How to utilize skilled customer service to turn around a difficult or bad buyer
- What you need to defend item disputes and chargebacks filed against you
- How to successfully manage returns
- Your rights as a seller
- How to report bad buyers
- Ways to get negative feedback revised or removed
- Important safety tips when selling on eBay, and more.
Sometimes all it takes is one really awful buyer to get under your skin and make you want to quit eBay for good. Don’t give up. Use your own smarts and business savvy to deal with those dishonest, bottom-feeding, want-everything-for-nothing, or just plain nasty buyers instead.