Why Amazon? A good question since many eBay sellers also sell on Amazon would you not get the same problems? The answer oddly is no. Amazon actually enforce a far stricter and fairer set of rules and actually listen and work through problems with both sellers and buyers instead of a load of canned pre-scripted replies. Amazons customer service is far, far beyond what it is on eBay. I have had refunds before instantly credited as gift cards and another/replacement item sent out all on Amazons tab. Its not hard to find tales of excellent service from Amazon reps. eBay is slowly trying to be Amazon just take a look at the listings and you will see it.
EDIT 24/12/12: Not even a day later stumble across this Amazon Representative Creates Holiday Discount in Response to Reddit Comment see they do actually listen and follow through with promises.
- Amazon Prime (Unlimited free shipping on Amazon items for a annual fee)
- Customer service are actual people who listen.
- Returns/Refund procedure works (Unlike eBays long wait times and dispute consoles)
- Option to earn gift cards/payment via there affiliate program anyone can sign up.
- Sellers are held to much higher standard than eBay.
- Selling fees are lower than eBay’s.
- More than PayPal accepted (merchant services, credit cards, bank transfers)
- Never ran across any “questionable” counterfeit goods personally.
- Many items are actually cheaper than eBay even when sold by the same seller!
- Brand not as popular as eBay.
- Cart system a tad buggy (items vanish sometimes)
- Amazon Auctions closed down 🙁
- Not available in every country (see list here)